What personal data do we collect about you? Personal data provided to us by you:
- In a face-to-face meeting (e.g. a visit by one of our representatives, visit to our trade fair stand, etc.): your surname, first name, and any other useful data depending on your query.
- When signing up to an ARTE email alert or newsletter (e.g. as the result of a trade fair visit or product purchase): your surname, first name and email address.
- When you register to request samples, quotations, etc. (via the Website and offline), we receive your surname and first name, address details, email address, and telephone number via the registration form. This information is also collected via our ‘General Terms and Conditions’ form for suppliers.
- When a contract is concluded, we receive your surname and first name, address details, email address, telephone number and financial information.
- Communication (oral and/or written).
- For job applicants: data included in CV's and any other information that would be useful with regard to open vacancies.
How do we collect personal data from you? We collect personal data about you in a variety of ways:
- When you visit our stand at a trade fair or receive a visit from one of our representatives
- Through the use of a contact form on the Website
- Through the use of a registration form on the Website to request samples
- Through the use of our ‘General Terms and Conditions’ form for suppliers.
- When a contract is concluded.
- Through communication.
Why do we collect personal data from you? (purposes) We collect technical information that we use to update and improve the Website and to compile anonymised visitor statistics (enabling secure use of the Website and providing, analysing, improving, administering Site & Services)
We collect personal data about you for the purpose of:
- Supplying the products you have purchased and issuing invoices (providing Services within the scope of our engagement with a client);
- Supplying the samples you have requested (providing Services within the scope of our engagement with a client);
- Sending you email alerts (e.g. promotions, informing you that a particular collection is being discontinued or a new collection is being launched, etc.), newsletters and/or (personalised) marketing messages (direct marketing);
- The assessment of whether you are a suitable candidate for the open position and the communication related to this assessment.
Are we permitted to process your personal data? (legal grounds) We are permitted to process your technical information on the one hand because you give consent for us to do this by means of the “cookie banner”, and on the other hand because it is in our legitimate interest to continually improve our Website and the service that we provide. We are permitted to process your personal data in order to perform the contract, to send you the samples and/or quotations you have requested and/or to respond to your contact request. We are permitted to process your personal data in order to send you an email alert, a newsletter and/or (personalised) marketing (i) if you have provided us with your personal data or we have received them on the occasion of a visit to a trade fair (legitimate interest and/or consent) and/or (ii) if you have purchased a product (performance of a contract). We are permitted to process your personal data to assess whether or not you have a suitable profile for open vacancies and to inform you accordingly. (consent)
- Our service providers: for example, the developer/host of our Website, the bank/payment services provider, the marketing partner for the sending of emails, etc.
- Government bodies and courts: We may disclose personal information upon the request of law enforcement or government bodies or in response to summonses, court orders, or judicial proceedings in order to establish, safeguard or exercise our rights, or to defend ourselves against a legal claim, or as otherwise required or permitted by the law, or in order to safeguard the rights, property or safety of another individual. We may also disclose personal information in order to investigate or prevent a breach on your part of a contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activities. We guarantee that all third parties receiving personal data will take the necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
How long will we keep your personal data? Your personal data will only be processed for as long as is necessary in order to achieve the purposes concerned. They will therefore be stored for the period required in order to fulfil the purposes or to satisfy the requirements imposed by law.
What technical and organisational security measures have we taken in order to protect your personal data? We have developed tailor-made technical and organisational security measures to avoid personal data being destroyed, lost, falsified, or modified and to prevent unauthorised access to personal data or their accidental disclosure to third parties, in addition to any other unauthorised processing of those personal data: these measures include an SSL certificate and the fact that personal data can only be accessed by holders of an administrator account, etc. Under no circumstances may ARTE be held liable for any direct or indirect losses or damage resulting from the incorrect or improper use of personal data by any third party. You are required to adhere to the security rules at all times. You therefore bear sole responsibility for the use that is made, from the Website, of your computer, your IP address and your identification details (such as your login name and password for requesting samples) and for keeping them confidential.
What are your rights? You have the following rights: The right to access, correct, erase, restrict, object to and transfer your personal data. If the processing of your personal data is based on consent you have given previously, you naturally have the right to withdraw that consent. In order to exercise your rights and/or withdraw your consent, all you need to do is to contact us, either by email to email@example.com or by post to Arte Group, marked for the attention of the Legal Department, Senator A. Jeurissenlaan 1210, 3520 Zonhoven, Belgium. We will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as possible and will do so no later than 30 days after receiving your message. We may ask you to provide additional proof of identity.
Where can you submit a complaint? You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel. +32 (0)2 274 48 00, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version : 05.10.2020